Welcoming the year of the Horse!

First Blog for the Year of the Horse, 2014. I know most of you waited for the night to cross over the 1st day of January. Food extravaganza, Fireworks galore, Family gathering, booze over load, annual traditions like Jumping (belief to get additional height), Wearing polkadots and stripes (for money), having 12 different fruits in the dining table (for luck and having something to eat during the 12 months of the year), and the list goes on. Mainly, these stuff that we usually do came from different cultures mostly from the Chinese. There's one more thing we have a tendency of doing every New Year, having a New Years Resolution.

Secular tradition, most common in the Western Hemisphere but also found in the Eastern Hemisphere, in which a person makes a promise to do an act of self-improvement or something slightly nice, such as opening doors for people beginning from New Year's Day - as defined by Wikipedia.

 Noticing other Filipino's responses when asked, "What's your New Years resolution?" Mostly would say "I wish to have a better physique / job / grades" etc. They will also say "Sana" meaning hopefully / wishing. But I'm just wondering, do they really understand what does "NEW YEAR RESOLUTION" means?

In my personal perspective, its should be answered with a verb that links to more defiant action. Rather than saying "wish" it will be better to say "Will" then followed by the actions one must do to get what he/she wanted. I, for example, One of my objectives this year is to blog more, for me to have my desired output, my inputs will be my daily writing training, my exposure, my willingness to write and avail more time to post. Why is it my New Years Resolution? my initial blog site just focused on food, but i want to re brand myself and my blogs to other things that I love, like events, travels and adventures, I know I can do better, I can explore more, I can share and inspire additional audience with my online journal, I can expand my network of friends.

Wishing or hoping with no action will not place our dreams in our hands. If we weren't able to get it from last year, find another solution to resolve the problem, to achieve what we wanted, to have a grasp of what we needed. Have a positive outlook in life, shake off negative vibes, pray and work for it and you'll never know, the issue you were trying to resolve from the previous year will be long gone without you even noticing it. You don't need to wait for another 31st of December to make a resolution, it will become your daily habit, to be someone better and one step closer to your desire, every time you wake up.

Happy New Year everyone! Stay Positive and GOOD VIBES THE HORSE YEAR ROUND!

4 comments:

  1. Great year starter! Goodluck to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people just make new years resolution on new years day because it signifies change and new beginnings ... you are right though. One can make those changes even when it's not the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks MAllSaleLover!! same to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy!! Thanks for the response. yup I used to be like that but when i realized that I can improve one thing in my, I pray, Act and accept the outcome :) Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Pepperland Hotel Legazpi Albay

Early morning flight and I came back to Albay. I've been in this place for quite sometime and this was the first time I'll be j...