Coron - Busuanga Palawan Part 1



Coron, Palawan Philippines, A basin of Nature's beauty from land, under the waters and even to the people. The Island is known for its biodiversity and its finest diving spots. Unspoiled beaches, preserved reef and forests, fresh air and respectful locals well define this haven.



My summer of 2014 started here with my sister and her family. She booked us in Coron Village Lodge for the duration of our stay.



Just a few minutes after we unload our bags, we immediately took off and started the 5 day bonding! First stop, Mt. Tapyas. We've heard from one of the locals that its just near our hotel and there's no fee. Mt Tapyas is a hill that has more than 700 steps up and known to have a fantastic view of the sunset and the entire Busuanga Island. For only 10 php / per person tricycle ride, we started our first steps in less than 10 minutes!




With all those physical challenge, our tummy crumbled and immediately visited Lolo Nonoys. We tried some of their dishes and its all good.



Day 2 of our trip, I got a message from my college friend who told me about a lady who became like his grand mother and asked me to pay her a visit. First thing we did that day, we went to Nanay Lita's Store. (watch out for my separate page for her). She's well known in their town for being like a mother to everyone and for her famous Roasted Cashews! L. Escarda's Coron Harvest! When in Busuanga, Please do visit her, locals knows where to find her shop and she will give you the warmest smile and homiest hug! Forgot to mention, the best roasted cashews I've ever tasted in the most affordable price! really affordable!


Coron Harvest by
Nanay Lita Escarda
Tagumpay Coron Palawan
0916-544-4705
escardacoronharvest@yahoo.com


After L. Escarda's Coron Harvest, we went to this famous hot spring called Maquinit. For only 300 php, the tricycle driver will take you there and wait for you for an hour then take you back to your hotel. Timer starts when you enter the spring so don't worry about the time you spent during travel. The water of the spring is really really hot and very relaxing, it took me a while to dip in but when i finally sunk myself in, oh wow, i felt all those air condition cold lumps (lamig lol) from my back just melted!



Times up! we have to get back to the hotel real quick and prep up! My work mode! I'm very pleased to be the first blogger to have an ocular visit to one of Coron's finest hotel! DiveLink! I heard from our van mates from the airport that they will stay in this resort and I'm really excited to have a glimpse! We spent most of the afternoon there and had our boat ride back to the main island a few minutes before 5.



Dinner time! They saw this restaurant in a known TV show and we tried it. Santino's Grill. It has a very calm feel and with the warm lights and ambiance, its a very good place to eat with your companions. I loved their baby back ribs! for only less than 600 php, a big fat yummy slab of beef will be served to you! We tried some of their cuisines and its very yummy! affordable and worth every penny!



Capped the night with a happy tummy, we had our zzzzs really early because the island adventures is about to start! stay tuned for more of my Coron Palawan getaway! for sure you will enjoy the stories (and photos) I'll share!!! :)

more photos!

6 comments:

  1. Very imformative... Love your blog... Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Coron and I really love the marine life there. It's so rich in marine life and also in natural attractions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah it's really great and its like those what we seen on TV screens in malls. AWESOME!!!

      Delete
  3. Letting a place being maintained by (was it tagbanwa?) native is really a great strategy by the government. A place where they can make a living by sharing and maintaining the place not just for them but also for the tourist. Maybe one of the reason why it is so beautiful. Respect for the nature, respect for the people, respect for the culture. Again, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. couldn't agree more!! yup that's how they call their locals and it should be done all over the country

    ReplyDelete

Pepperland Hotel Legazpi Albay

Early morning flight and I came back to Albay. I've been in this place for quite sometime and this was the first time I'll be j...