Public Awareness - Riding in tandem in washington street makati

Thursday, February 13th. around 5 am. A female wearing a pink jacket was mugged by guy riding a motorcycle in Dela Rosa corner Washington street Makati City.

A typical morning when I was about to go to work. On a daily basis, I always wait for a cab at the said cross street. That morning, there was a girl standing in my usual spot so I moved a little and stayed in the gutter area. 
In a blink of an eye, I heard the girl screamed and when I looked back, the motor cycle rider swiftly grabbed the bag and zoomed towards Washington street.
Shocked and thinking about the time, I wasn't able to comfort the victim and the guys with in the area weren't able to do anything because of the fast phase speed of incident.

This isn't the first time I witnessed something like this.

Earlier last December,  I was on my way home. There was a guy who rushed beside me wearing a black and white jacket. a couple of people also saw then a few minutes later, the police men, also running came. asking people if they've seen man running. As I came closer to our hub, a guy with the same built walked pass by me. And I saw the jacket hidden near a trash bin. Not sure if he was arrested after a i heard a commotion behind me.

I've been living in the area for almost a quarter of my life and these past few months, I've seen a couple of crimes like this. Where are the barangay tanod's who were usually standing in that same corner where the woman's bag was snatched? what's the police post doing in that corner with no one inside?

This is a heed for everyone to be careful especially those within our area. Things aren't really getting safe so let's all be careful and pray for our safety every time we go out.


This post is to raise public awareness to the citizens and residents who lives near the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pepperland Hotel Legazpi Albay

Early morning flight and I came back to Albay. I've been in this place for quite sometime and this was the first time I'll be j...